Let's put some chocolate + healthy fat in your coffee this week, shall we?
Here's the deal, who doesn't love chocolate? The chocolate that I'm talking about here is the real deal 100% cocoa and here's why we you want it:
- 100% cocoa has so many antioxidants in it than no other superfood can touch it in it's protection of your heart health. It can reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure + it can even improve function of your brain + arteries.
- 100% cocoa is super rich in the agents that produce the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. So yes, what I'm saying is that the REAL chocolate (pure cocoa) has anti-despressent qualities.
- Boosting your serotonin levels, 100% cocoa is perfect to consume during PMS when serotonin levels are low.
- !00% cocoa holds many other benefits like the elasticity and hydration it provides your skin with, its been found to inhibit cancer cells from growing, helps with constipation and SO SO much more.
So what exactly is in the drink?
- 1 cup hot coffe
- 1-2 TBSP half and half
- 1 tsp 100% cocoa
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Coconut oil being another powerhouse boss babe of health for our life. Doing things like:
- It reduces inflammation and arthritis
- It boosts your immune system by being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. Meaning that it creates a healthy inside where disease and sickness can't thrive.
- Coconut oil is a saturated fat, fats differ slowly in the body so when you have some fat first thing in the morning, you're going to feel more full for a longer period of time. Which means that it's perfect to have for snacks, or in coffee so you don't fall into the 11am snack binge.
- It gives your energy. Not only is this rad fat fueling your brain like crazy, it's being sent to your liver to covert into energy for the body!
So this fatty chocolate coffee is the cats pajamas because its a perfect start to your morning by providing you with a ton of nutrients, energy and keeping you full as you navigate your morning.
This drink is NOT breakfast. This is still something to be had with your breakfast. However, if you aren't a breakfast person you could totally do this because it IS better than nothing. This is also a PERFECT pre-workout drink for those early morning risers who don't want to eat before they workout but know that you feel good eating something.
imply mix the ingredients above and drink--that easy!