I'm in L.O.V.E..... With these gorgeous pumpkin pie bites :) I'm also in love with a handsome bearded man who likes kettlebells. Unfortunately I haven't figured out a recipe for you ladies who are looking for one of those though.
Anyway, I digress. I'm a huge lover of all things simple, tasty and food that fuels me well. While I typically opt for some veggies/hard boiled eggs or a bar of sorts for my snack mid day if I'm hungry, I decided to change things up and get down with some no bake bites.
When I first started sharing my fitness journey I made things like this all the time, but I put baby in the corner (aka: forgot about them/replaced them with other shiny thigns....if you haven't seen Dirty Dancing).
This is the perfect snack OR treat..here ya go :)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (normal oats are okay)
- 15 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin pure
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- 2 TBSP chia seeds (ground or whole seeds)
- 2 TBSP almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a blender or food processor mix the dates, coconut, almond butter, honey, chia seeds, pumpkin, vanilla and PP spice
- Once mixture is nice and creamy, pour into bowl and mix with 1 cup rolled oats.
- Shape small balls with the mixture
- Place in fridge so they can harden
- Enjoy mindfully :)