This morning I was listening to an awesome podcast from John Berardi. He said some really cool things, the biggest takeaway I got from his message though was that I don't want you, to be like me. He made an awesome point about this huge gap between clients and trainers, and well, how it could be fixed. You see, as a trainer and all out health enthusiast...I freak out when I can buy my eggs straight from the chickens ass (let's be clear--I mean fresh from the farmers market). That excites me. I get pumped when I learn about how your body digests food. Swinging a 35lb bell over my head multiple times until i'm dripping sweat is fun, for me.
But you, my client, or you over there sitting and reading this at work before you make the decision between cake + pizza or salmon, who just wants to feel a little better everyday...that kind of stuff may not jazz you up like it does for me. That's okay.
I don't want you to be me. I want you to be 100% you, and find your own version of healthy.
There are some trainers that try and bridge the gap between client and coach through making the client jump through hoops and ladders to reach the trainers version of healthy. The trainer says: 1,200 calories, no dairy, 100 burpees ..do it now to be healthy. The client: oh shit, this is what I have to do to be healthy? Okay, I guess I'll do it.
You may not want a six pack, you may not want to swing a kettlebell, you may not want to give up your coffee creamer--you know what? That's okay.
As a coach, it's my job to meet you where you're at. To teach you how to create your version of healthy.
If healthy is in fact a lifestyle, it's not my job to tell you how you should live your life--for the rest of your life.
"So Rachel, what is your job then?"
My job fucking rocks. Oh boy. My job looks like this:
- I help women learn how to listen to their body. In doing this, they are able to start eating for life, while maintaining results that leave them feeling healthy and strong. In essence, I help you find your version of healthy. Not mine. Yours.
- I teach women how to move their body. We dance, we crawl, we pick things up. Through it all, I help women feel good in the skin they're in.
- I help women find strength. Both physical and mental. Because this journey is more than than the 30 min you spend moving or what you've eaten, it's a journey of self discovery.
- I educate women on ways to move and eat that make your like simple. That keep you happy.
- I encourage and teach self love and mindfulness.
My goal is to spread a message of health and strength and to individually help women find that. I help women find a shade of healthy that looks and feels good on them, not me.
So let's walk in your shoes together (may be a tight fit..but you know what I mean). I'm not going to make you conform, I won't beat you in the ground or make you burpee until your hands turn black and blue. I want to walk this journey with you, meet you where you're at so we can create the kind of healthy you're looking for.
Strong Chicks Rock has opened up our VIP online coaching program for those women who are ready to discover what healthy looks like on them. I would love to have you join us, as we venture through this journey as a team.
Let's chat, I want to talk to with you about your goals, where you're at and where you would like to go with this.
Shoot me an email: email@example.com or go to the "work with me" page and click "apply now".